I felt in love with the Ann Taylor Silent Clusters Sheath Dress when I saw it in store last month. To my surprise, hubby brought it home for me on Valentine’s day. Originally, he got a size 0R and of course it was way too big on me. I reordered the dress in a 00P and was hoping for the best.
I have to tell you up front that I don’t love the dress. It’s a very pretty dress for sure but for some reasons, I just do not love it. Twitter friends already know this dress didn’t work out for me. I wasn't going to do a review but these items are online exclusive so I thought I would do a quick post just in case you’re interested. Continue reading..
What I like:
- This dress is very pretty in person. It has beautiful print and absolutely perfect for the upcoming Spring.
- It made out of 100% silk and the quality is exceptional.
- With the promtion, the price isn’t too bad for a silk dress.
What I don’t like:
- Mostly because of the fit: The length is great for my height but the overall fit wasn’t slim enough throughout. There was so much room around the chest area. Although the arm holes fit pretty well.
- It’s kind of funny but the silk material is so slippery that my belt wouldn’t stay on.
- This dress is too fancy for every day wear. I can’t see myself wearing it more than a few times.
I also ordered this Petite Drape Neck Top (online exclusive) as a filler for free shipping. I absolutely love the color. It looks incredibly beautiful on the model. I was disappointed when I tried it on. The armholes were too small, therefore it is pulling across my chest (see where the arrow is). Although the armholes are small, the draped neckline is too roomy. I was having a hard time keeping the “triangle” stay straight. Also with the empire waist, I can’t wear really wear a belt with this top. Overall, it just wasn't flattering on me.
It was very sweet of my husband to picked up this dress for me. Unfortunately, both of the items are going back. He told me I can pick out whatever I like for the replacement. I am having a hard time deciding what I want. With all the Chanel talk on Twitter, I am in a mood to save up for a big purchase :)