One of the items on my wish list this Fall is a military-inspired jacket. I have a similar one (wore here) but the color is very drab. When ASOS reached out to introduce their petites collection, this jacket immediately caught my attention. My first impression of this jacket was of course the color. It has a true olive almost like forest green color - which is exactly what I am looking for.
What I am wearing:
Shoes: Bandolino Cardinal booties
Sunglasses: Prada oversized cateye
For those who are interested, below are some quick notes regarding this jacket:
- I am wearing a size UK 4 (US 1) and it fits just the way I would like. The measurement is 15 inches from shoulder to shoulder. For a jacket, the shoulder is the most important part. If the shoulder fits correctly, the rest of the jacket can be easily adjusted to fit your body shape better. For this type of jacket, I actually prefer a loose fit. A size 4 fits me great in the shoulders and the length. A bit baggy and loose in the body.
- Another thing I love about this jacket is that it has 2 large pockets in front. It’s so convenient for my morning runs when I only need to carry my phone and a key.
- The arms are big enough to accommodate a thick sweater and still be comfortable.
- The jacket comes with a removable belt. It has a heavy metal buckle which I can do without. I smash that buckle into my door every time I am getting in/out the car. A temporary solution is tucking the buckle into the front pocket. I will have to replace it with something else later on.
- The jacket also comes with a detachable hood which is a bonus.
- Even though the jacket is not lined, it seems much warmer since it’s made of 100% thick cotton.