What I am wearing:
Skirt: Old Navy Maternity Chevron-Stripe maxi skirt - size XS
Tee: Forever 21 basic scoop neck tee - size XS
Sandals: Steve Madden (buy similar)
Purse: J.Crew Tillary tote
Like everything else in life, there are good things and bad things:
- Since this pregnancy was planned, I knew I was pregnant before taking a test. However, I still sat in the bathroom at work and stared at the stick for a good 5 minutes. The look on my husband’s face was priceless when I broke the news to him
- Most women feel constantly tired in early pregnancy. I am very fortunate that this pregnancy has been pretty much a breeze for me. I occasionally feel tired but no morning sickness or nausea at all.
- I got lots of attention for being pregnant. Although, this can be overwhelming at times.
- I brought my daughter to my prenatal appointments. She couldn't wipe the smile off her face when seeing her little sibling on the monitor. Those moments are so precious!
- I am an emotional person in general. My emotions during this pregnancy got the best of me. I immediately started crying when we disagreed on the tiniest thing and got upset over nothing. The worst part is over and I hope to keep my emotions "in check" from here on out =)
- We know I was a Starbucks addict. I had a rough time giving up Starbucks. It wasn't easy but I did it!
Of course, everyone has their own opinions about having kids. To me, I can’t imagine my life without children. I've seen many couples struggling with infertility, I am just blessed to have the little one is growing healthy in my tummy. The realization that there is a little miracle happening in my belly is still surreal to me even though I am almost done with my 2nd trimester =) Happy Mother's Day to all mothers and mothers-to-be. My whole weekend is planned with my little girl and my Mom.
Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs since the payment is pure love - By: Mildred B. Vermont.
Enjoy your special day!