Today, I have reached 300 followers. I know this isn’t a huge # compared to some other blogs but I am still beyond excited. I just want to thank each and every one of you for following my blog (especially the petite blogger community). You’re the reason why I still blog. 2010 was quite a year for us. We’ve had many ups and downs, pleasant and unpleasant moments. That how life is. We just have to deal with things as they come and try to make the best of out of it. The most important thing is no matter what happens, I know we always have each other's back. We’re welcoming 2011 with open arms.
I was tagged by Elaine to do my New Year’s resolutions. So here goes...
1. Saving, saving and more saving: 2010 was all about spending so 2011 is all about saving. Unfortunately, there were quite a few unexpected things came up in 2010 that we had to spend the money for. I am glad it’s over and it’s time to put the $$ back into the savings. Continue reading...
2. Shopping habit: I am not banning myself from buying anything but I will ask myself twice before purchasing something. I have been doing it for the past few weeks and believe me, it helps tremendously. I wouldn’t buy another sweater just for the sake of buying it even if it only cost $5.00 bucks. I want to invest money in the pieces that I truly love. The ones that I will be able to wear for many years to come.
3. Restart the exercise habit: We actually are doing it now. My husband and I joined the gym last week. Neither one of us need to lose weight. I am looking to trim/tone my body and building the muscles especially the abs area. The hardest part is making ourselves going to the gym every day.
4. Spend more quality time with my loved ones: I hate to admit but I have been attached to the computer and my Iphone more than my family since I started blogging. I have a habit of multi-tasking. Most of the time, I spend time with my family but work on my blog or surf the Internet. I need to start paying undivided attention to them, really listen and be there in that moment. Because those are the moments I will never get back.
5. Cutting back on Starbucks: For some people, this isn't a big deal. For someone who is having SB every single day for the past 5 years, it's a huge deal. I feel like I am trying to quit smoking :) On average, I spend about $120.00 a month on SB alone. That's not good for my resolution # 1 (saving) nor resolution # 3 (too many calories).
There you have it..my New Year's resolutions. What are yours? Can't have a post without a picture, right? Hubby stuffed a few OPI nail polishes in my stocking this year. They are so pretty. I haven't worn them yet but I will share in the future posts.
From left to right:
1. OPI Malaysian Mist (buy it here)
2. OPI Nail Lacquer Malaga Wine (buy it here)
3. OPI Suzi Sells Sushi By The Seashore (buy it here)
4. OPI Yoga-ta Get This Blue (buy it here)
As always, stay positive, be happy, let unimportant things go and concentrate on what matters most to you because life is short, make the most of out it. May the New Year bring you joy, happiness and all you wish yourself.
I am going to tag the following bloggers to write about their New Year's resolutions. Please don't feel obligated to do so
1. Nelah @ 52NewDays
2. Jean @ ExtraPetite
3. Liane @ PetiteXXS
4. Kelly @ AlterationsNeeded
5. Annie @ ReallyPetite
Happy New Year to all,