Onto the review, this coat is from the Zara Woman line. According to their size chart, the Zara Women line tends to run larger than the TRF line. I haven’t purchased anything from Zara previously so I was hesitate to order this coat. Ping has left me a comment saying this particular coat runs small. I immediately placed an order as soon as I saw her comment.
What I like:
• The color is absolutely stunning in person. This shade of mustard yellow is exactly what I’ve been looking for. I am obsessed with all things mustard at the moment. It’s perfect for the upcoming Fall. The color is so vibrant and total attention grabbing!
• The XS fits me perfectly! I seriously couldn't have asked for a better fit. I was very pleased to find this coat flatters everywhere. One thing I’d like to point out is the sleeve length. It hits me where it is supposed to. Unlike the J.Crew coat from last year, the sleeves were a tad short on me. I ended up selling mine because my tailor couldn't properly lengthen the sleeves. When I was in Boston, Jean was kind enough to let me try on her J.Crew metro coat (this year version ) and sadly, the sleeves are still short for me. I know I won’t be order any J.Crew coats this year.
What I don’t like:
• This jacket is not thick enough for Midwest winter. Compared to the J.Crew metro coat, it’s much lighter and thinner. It would work out better for someone who lives in warmer states.
• The black lining is really bugging me. I wish it came with beige/camel lining instead of black. I almost always wear my jacket unbuttoned. Therefore, the lining is going to show.
• Lastly, the style isn’t really what I am looking for (this is a huge turn off!). I am not a fan of the cinching at the waist and the Mandarin-collar. I guess I didn’t really pay attention to the details before ordering. This jacket reminds me so much of the J.Crew Colletta coat from last year. I wish it has a classic cut like the J.Crew metro coat.
Verdict: Although I love the color so much, I don’t think I am going to keep it. I like it but I don’t love it for several reasons. My first experience with Zara was great. I definitely will order from them again (especially now I know what size to order). My search for a mustard yellow coat continues…
What I am wearing:
Coat: Zara double-breasted coat - size XS (buy here)
Belt: F21 belt - size XS (buy here)
Have a great week!